I was thinking the other day, as I was listening to some story about a heroine addict, that I get all of the pain from an injection without any of the fringe benefits. Nobody is going to be a Rebif abuser, it hurts yet doesn’t make you happy. Hence, I propose that Serano should sell additives to Rebif to make it more appealing/addictive. It would be so much easier to take when I was “forced” to take my Rebif hit, or just because I wanted my Rebif hit (hey I can quit anytime I want to! ;-). Plus, this has the added advantage of additional revenue for Serano. They would still ship you the base Rebif product, but then provide “add-ons” that you could pull into the syringe as needed. Here are a couple of my product ideas:
- Caff-Rebif: When you just need that extra kick to get you going. It would definitely get me to switch to taking Rebif in the morning! 😉
- Meth-Rebif: When the caffeine just isn’t doing the trick anymore and you definitely need a bigger kick to get you going.
- Canna-Rebif: When you think your memory couldn’t get any worse, and don’t mind the munchies, but want to abate some of the MS symptoms without having to smoke something.
- LSD-Rebif: When you just need a break from reality.
- Val-Rebif: When you’re just too wound up and need a little valium to take the edge off. I definitely could have used this when I found out about this year’s insurance! 😉
- Ari-Rebif: When you need a little extra clarity that only Aricept can provide.
Of course there truly are endless possibilities. Sadly, I don’t see any of these hitting the shelves anytime soon. Maybe someone needs to start a DIY site to make your own additives. 😉